ARDEX Americas (www.ArdexAmericas.com) is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high performance specialty cements, adhesives and building products. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Quality Control Lab Technician, to help support the continuous growth of our North American operations.
This position will support the company’s Quality Control of its manufacturing operations, including providing analytical data to test raw materials and finished goods.
Located at our corporate offices near Center Township (Aliquippa), PA, this position is full time, Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week.
Color matching experience preferred by not required.
Job Output/Responsibilities/Key Processes
This position is responsible for safely and efficiently executing the daily functions of the Quality Control laboratory in order to ensure the following:
- All raw materials used in the process meet our specifications.
- All finished goods released for shipping meet our finished product specifications.
- If applicable, all grouts meet retarder, color, and our finished product specifications.
- Any material not meeting our QC specifications is placed on HOLD.
- Organize and prioritize workload.
- Independently perform routine and non-routine work
- Support the QC laboratory in testing all samples, if applicable.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple/concurrent tasks in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Coordinate and test raw materials and finished products on a daily basis based upon back logs, customer shipment schedules and/or as directed by management.
- In-depth knowledge of test methods, processes, and laboratory equipment for raw material, liquid and finished products.
- If applicable, ability to make retarder and color adjustments for all grouts and all grouts meet finished product specifications.
- Responsible for the inspection/preventative maintenance of all laboratory equipment. Need to have knowledge of all lab equipment (vicat apparatus, air jet sieve, screen sieves, scratch testing equipment, weigh scale, hardness tester, and if applicable colorimeter).
- Quality Information database system (Infinity QS): record test data in a timely manner to enable ‘real time’ SPC charting and analysis. Review SPC data/charts identifying unusual trends, may suggest special causes and assist in corrective action. Must notify Management of unusual trend(s).
- Monitor and manage incoming raw material certificate of analysis/quality.
- Keep the lab clean and professional in appearance and functionality.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Takes the initiative and solves problems.
- Makes decisions independently
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control as applied to our quality control measures.
- Professional with a good work ethic. Integrity, dependability, accountability, adaptability, detail-oriented, responsiveness, and good attendance are essential.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be customer focused.
- Must possess good team work and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time, occasionally kneeling and bending
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 5+ years Lab Quality Control Experience.
- Associates Degree, 3 year of technical experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience with color matching and adjusting (preferred but not required)
Industry competitive + benefits package
As a global industry leader employing over 1800 people in over 50 countries, ARDEX Americas offer multifaceted career opportunities for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals. Our employees benefit from a competitive salary and benefits packages, ongoing training and development, and a culture that fosters team-orientated actions.
Submit a cover letter together with your resume and salary expectations to the ARDEX Corporate Office, located at:-
400 ARDEX Park Drive
Aliquippa, PA 15001