Brock University’s swimming pool was in need of concrete repair. The overflow tank had exposed, rusty rebar, spalled and gouged concrete areas, and waterproofing required to finish the application. With a tight deadline and confined working space, only high-performance engineered concrete repair products would aide in the fast repair.
Installer: Concrete Surface Solutions
Contractor: Collaborative Structures Limited
• ARDEX B 20™ Overhead & Vertical Repair Mortar
• ARDEX ARDICOAT™ PLUS Two-Component, Cement-Based Acrylic Waterproofing Compound
• ARDEX TRM™ Transportation Repair Mortar Fast-Setting Horizontal Concrete Repair
• ARDEX BACA™ Bonding & Anti-Corrosion Agent
• ARDEX OVP™ Finishing Compound for Overhead and Vertical Concrete Walls
• Quick turnaround time required as September deadline approached
• Small confined spaces
The ARDEX Americas Technical department provided a jobsite report and Chuck Knight, Engineered Concrete Repairs Systems Product Specialist, conducted a thorough walk of the jobsite to make appropriate recommendations. First, proper bush hammering and jack hammering was performed on the damaged areas to create sound, stable bases. Exposed, rusty rebar was sandblasted to sound, stable steel. ARDEX BACA™ Bonding & Anti-Corrosion Agent and ARDEX B 20™ Overhead & Vertical Repair Mortar were applied and immediately followed by form work and installation of ARDEX TRM™ Transportation Repair Mortar. ARDEX TRM’s high-strength and quick-drying structural repair characteristics allowed quick removal of form work because of the six-hour cure time. Smaller pop outs were patched with ARDEX OVP™ for overhead and vertical concrete walls. Finally, an application of ARDEX ARDICOAT™ PLUS will protect the entire structure. Achieving the successful completion is attributed to the speed and performance of ARDEX products as well as to the great teamwork of Isidore and his team at Concrete Surface Solutions.