Information ARDEX A 38™ MIX
ARDEX A 38™ MIX Rapid Set, Premixed Screed is a precision-engineered, polymer-modified, cement screed that sets, hardens and dries rapidly. Use for interior or exterior applications including swimming pools and other wet areas. ARDEX A 38 MIX can be walked on 3 hours after application and can receive tile or stone after just 4 hours, even when used as an unbonded or floating screed. After only 1 day, the compressive strength and tensile strength of ARDEX A 38 MIX exceed those that regular cement screeds achieve after 28 days.
- Rapid hardening – walkable in 3 hours
- Suitable for bonded, unbonded or floating screeds
- Premixed with sand for increased productivity
- Install tile and natural stone after only 4 hours
- Interior and exterior applications
- Ideal for swimming pools and other wet areas
- Install vinyl and wood floor coverings after just 48 hours
- Exceeds the 28-day strength properties of ordinary screeds after just 1 day
- Can be used with in-floor heating systems
- Technical Data
Technical Data ARDEX A 38™ MIX
Mixing Ratio: Do not exceed 44 oz. (1.3 L) of water per 40 lb. (18 kg) bag.
7 – 8 sq. ft. per bag at 3/4” (0.65 – 0.74 sq. m at 18 mm)
*Coverage will vary depending on the texture of the surface being smoothed
Compressive Strength (ASTM C109/mod – Air cure only): 6,300 psi (441.0 kg/sq. cm) at 28 days
Flexural Strength (ASTM C348): 775 psi (54.25 kg/sq. cm) at 28 days
Walkable: 3 hours
Install Tile / Waterproofing: 4 hours
Packaging: 40 lb. (18 kg) bag
Storage: Store in a cool, dry area. Do not leave bags exposed to sun. Protect unused material by removing air from bag and sealing tightly.
Shelf Life: 1 year, if unopened
Warranty: ARDEX L.P. Standard Limited Warranty applies