Information ARDEX K 13™
Choose Dual Water
ARDEX K 13™ is a premium self-leveling underlayment that is used to level and smooth interior concrete, terrazzo, ceramic and quarry tile, epoxy coating systems and non-water soluble adhesive residue on concrete prior to the installation of finished flooring – on, above or below grade.
- Use to level and smooth interior concrete, terrazzo, ceramic and quarry tile, epoxy coating systems and non-water soluble adhesive residue on concrete
- A blend of Portland cement and other hydraulic cements
- High flow – installs as thin as 1/16″ (1.5 mm)
- Installs up to 1 1/2″ (4 cm) neat
- Can be tapered to meet existing elevations
- Walkable in 2 – 3 hours
- Install moisture-insensitive tile and stone after 6 hours, most other floor coverings after 16 hours (see Installation of Flooring section in Technical Data for details)
- Interior use only
Tested in Accordance with ASTM C1708
- Technical Data
Technical Data ARDEX K 13™
For high-flow, thin installations: 6 quarts (5.68 L) of water per 50 lb. (22.7 kg) bag
For all other installations (up to 1 1/2″): 5.75 quarts (5.44 L) of water per 50 lb. (22.7 kg) bag
Coverage: High-Flow Installations:
28 sq. ft. per bag at 1/4″ (2.6 sq. m at 6 mm)
56 sq. ft. per bag at 1/8″ (5.2 sq. m at 3 mm)
All Other Installations:
26 sq. ft. per bag at 1/4″ (2.4 sq. m at 6 mm)
52 sq. ft. per bag at 1/8″ (4.8 sq. m at 3 mm)
Coverage will vary depending on the texture of the surface being smoothed.
Flow Time: 10 minutes
Compressive Strength (ASTM C109/mod – Air cure only): 5,300 psi (371 kg/sq. cm.) at 28 days
Flexural Strength (ASTM C348): 1,000 psi (70 kg/sq. cm.) at 28 days
Walkable: 2 – 3 hours
Install Flooring: See Installation of Flooring section in Technical Data for details.
Packaging: 50 lb. (22.7 kg) bag
Storage: Store in a cool, dry area. Do not leave bags exposed to sun.
Shelf Life: 1 year, if unopened
Warranty: ARDEX L.P. Standard Limited Warranty applies. Also eligible for the ARDEX/HENRY SystemOne™ Warranty when used in conjunction with select HENRY® Flooring Adhesives.
For complete product technical information, click on the Downloads tab and open the Technical Data download.